Top 5 Tips for Choosing the Right Landscape Lighting Installer
As the days grow shorter and the nights grow longer, many homeowners are looking to add some landscape lighting to their homes. And while this may seem like a simple task, it’s important to choose the right landscape lighting installer to make sure the job is done right. Here are 5 tips for choosing the right landscape lighting installer.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the right landscape lighting installer
- Get referrals from friends and family. The best way to find a reputable installer is to ask your friends and family who they would recommend.
- Do your research. Once you have a few potential installers in mind, be sure to do your research on them. Check out online reviews, read their website, and give them a call to get more information about their services.
- Ask for quotes. After you’ve narrowed down your choices, reach out to each landscape lighting installer and request a quote for the project. This will help you compare pricing and get an idea of what the final cost will be.
- Request a portfolio. Before making your final decision, ask each landscape lighting installer for a portfolio of their previous work. This will give you a good idea of their style and whether or not they’re a good fit for your project.
- Get everything in writing. Once you’ve decided on an installer, be sure to get everything in writing before work begins. This will protect you in case there are any problems with the project down the road.
By following these tips, you can be confident that you’ll choose the right landscape lighting installer for your home.
How to care for your new landscape lighting system
Once you have installed your new landscape lighting system, it’s important to know how to care for it properly. Here are a few tips landscape lighting maintenance:
- Make sure to keep the lights clean.It’s important to keep the lights clean so they continue to look their best and provide the best lighting possible. Be sure to wipe them down regularly with a damp cloth.
- Be careful when using chemicals around the lights. Some chemicals, like insecticides or weed killers, can damage the light fixtures. So be sure to avoid using these near the lights.
- Keep plants and trees away from the lights. Over time, plants and trees can grow up and block the light from shining on your landscape. So be sure to keep them trimmed back and away from the lights.
- Check the cords for damage. Occasionally check the cords for damage, like cuts or exposed wires, and repair or replace as needed. This will help prevent any electrical hazards and keep your system running safely.
- Regularly check the light fixtures and bulbs to make sure they are in good working order. Replace any bulbs that have burned out and tighten any fixtures that have come loose.
Landscape lighting can add beauty and value to your home. But it’s important to choose the right installer and care for your system properly to get the most out of it. By following these tips, you can be confident that you’ll be able to enjoy your landscape lighting for many years to come.
Voss Landscape Lighting