The Dos and Don’ts of Installing Outdoor Lighting
Installing outdoor lighting is a great way to improve the security and aesthetics of your home. By following these dos and don’ts, you can make sure that your installation goes smoothly and that your outdoor lighting looks great. Installing outdoor lighting can be a great way to improve the security and aesthetics of your home. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure that your installation goes smoothly.
Installing outdoor lighting can help to deter criminals from targeting your home. Lighting up dark areas around your home can make it more difficult for criminals to hide and makes it easier for you to spot them if they are lurking around. However, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure of that. But before you start, there are a few things you should know.
Here are the dos and don’ts of installing outdoor lighting:
- Do plan ahead. Decide where you want your outdoor lights to be installed and determine the best way to wire them. If you are hiring a professional to install lights, be sure to give them a clear idea of where you want the lights to be installed.
- Do consider your power source. Make sure that you have a reliable power source for your outdoor lights. If you are using solar-powered lights, be sure to place them in an area that gets plenty of sunlight.
- Do use weather-resistant lighting fixtures. Choose light fixtures that are designed for outdoor use and can withstand the elements.
- Do install your lights at the proper height. Position your lights so that they will illuminate the areas you want to light up without creating too much glare.
- Do point your lights downwards. Aiming your lights downwards will help to reduce light pollution and help you save on energy costs.
- Do regularly check and clean your outdoor lighting fixtures. Cleaning your light fixtures on a regular basis will help to keep them looking their best and prevent premature aging.
- Don’t install your lights too close to each other. Overlapping light beams can create too much glare and make it difficult to see.
- Don’t use lights with too high of a wattage. Higher wattage bulbs produce more light but also create more heat, which can be a fire hazard.
- Don’t leave your lights on all night. This can waste energy and put unnecessary strain on your power source.
- Don’t forget to test your lights before you leave them on for extended periods of time. This will help you spot any problems early on and avoid any potential hazards.
- Don’t forget to enjoy your new outdoor lighting! Installing outdoor lighting can be a great way to improve the security and aesthetics of your home.
Follow these dos and don’ts to ensure a successful installation. Do some planning ahead, choose the right light fixtures, and install them at the proper height. Remember to test your lights before you leave them on for an extended period of time, and most importantly, enjoy your new outdoor lighting!
Voss Landscape Lighting